Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

It's a sad day here at my house. I had to move my T758es and all my tools out of our attached garage into the new shed so that my lovely wife can park her new Ford Edge in the garage.

There is deep significance to this.

First of all, I gave up over 100 square feet of prime Panzer storage space that already had a Panzer in it! I did gain a new 24' x 28' shed with a real nice lean-to and attic storage space, but that doesn't count because it didn't exist until a week ago. It's not even big enough to store all of my Panzers on the floor - I have to build platforms for them (11' walls are a good thing).

Secondly, it means that after 15 years and 3 houses together, the 'family' (read: wife's) car is in an enclosed garage! My truck is sitting outside as usual, though. The '62 Impala is still in the other bay of the garage, but it doesn't count because it's been with me for over 20 years and has always been in a garage. My wife must really love me to put up with scraping windows and brushing/shoveling snow off her car for so long, though. Maybe it was because I was up-front with her from the beginning that she shouldn't count on ever having her car under roof. Maybe I'm just getting mellow in my old age.

Ok, so I understand that giving up space for the Edge was part of the new shed financing deal, but it broke my heart to move my stuff out and not fill the empty floor space with more stuff.

Nostrovia and Happy New Year to youn's guys out there!

-Bill

No comments: